That's a new one

I'm pretty used to receiving unusual comments on any number of things, so it's rare to have to respond to something brand new.

Today was a new members park day for our co-op, and since I'm on the board, I thought it would be a good idea to go in case there were any older students. So I told my crew that they needed to go be social and off we went. It was a good thing we did because there was an older student who was very relieved to not be the only one.

I visited with the new members and inevitably the question of how many children I have came up. I answer twelve, pause for the expected reaction, and continue the conversation. At one point a younger mom asked me how old my oldest was. I replied thirty, and the other mother exclaimed, "You could be my mother!" 

Right... 

I mean, what does one say to that other than laugh and smile? I've decided that she was so surprised that I was old enough to have a thirty year old because I didn't look like it, that she couldn't help herself. Just humor me here, okay? 

The day ended on a nicer note with TM and a friend taking us out to dinner at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. [Locals, really, head to Pho Xich Lo in Geneva for really good Vietnamese food.] And J. trying to explain the appeal of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody to me (again). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap