Friday Bullets - February 11, 22

Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions for blog topics. I greatly appreciate it and these will help. I honestly can't tell what might be interesting sometimes. 
  • Today was in the 40's which means that there were literal rivers of melting water running through the yard as the piles of snow melted. And then the temperature dropped when the sun went down creating a magnificent ice rink across every bit of open space outdoors. Since the temperature will be back to hovering somewhere in the teens tomorrow, the ice rink looks as though it will be here for a bit. 
  • I ordered seeds today as well as supplies to tap our maple trees. Doing this in February (see above) always feels as possibly the most optimistic thing a person can do. 
  • P. has been gone this week working as a groom for a horse show a couple of states away. Midnight was not invited and had to stay here without her. Midnight always misses P. when she is gone and is desperate for attention. A. was over the other night and was giving Kenzie and Olive treats which they were sitting very nicely for. Midnight walks us and sits as well, obviously hoping for a treat, too. (He did get one.)

  • G. and L. have been mistaken for 14 - 16 yos more than once in the past week. They are twelve, but I feel a corner has definitely been turned. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Who am I kidding? I know exactly how I feel about it and I don't like it.
  • Some of our family are fairly competitive. (I take full responsibility for this trait.) This means that many of us play Wordle each day and share our scores to the family group chat. 
  • I have very much enjoyed having a week off of school and am excited that I have one more. 
  • It's always nice to get a note from a student in your creative writing class telling you how much she enjoys it.
  • I like this picture, and W. said I could share it. 

This was from when W. and MC adopted their puppy, Magpie. It turns out that Magpie is part pitty, part cattle dog, and part Great Pyrenees. She is getting close to 30 pounds now.

  • A. moved into a new apartment last week. It is further away from us but much closer to her work, so that is good for her. And, she's still in the area, so I can't really complain.
  • D. is now in quarantine at school, having tested positive for Covid. He feels fine, but will be doing his classes remotely for a bit.
  • As I mentioned before, it's been a quiet week, so I think that's about all I have. I should probably add that L. wants a puppy in case you didn't know. We continue to be reminded of this fact several times a day every single day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap