Mission Impossible
Cue music: dum-dum-dumdum...
Your mission should you choose to accept it (as if we had a choice): Figure out a driving schedule which delivers three teens to and from work while accommodating parents' work, appointments, and other schedules. There is also a teen's volunteer commitment and H.'s Friday morning activity. Places of work and volunteering are not close to each other, varying from 8 minutes from home to 30 minutes from home.
The second half of dinner was spent figuring out who was going to take whom to work when. There were so many moving parts we needed to keep notes. (This is the quickly scrawled version and the author did not know I was going to post it on the blog.) It will get rewritten so we can understand it because no one can keep all this in their head.
Weekends are not currently terribly relaxing.
And one other thing to share that is only related to the above by it dealing with dinner, have you seen this new cookbook?
I checked it out on a whim last week, but wasn't expecting a whole lot. I usually have more vegetarian recipes in my own collection than I find in a typical vegetarian cookbook. (Probably half our dinners are meatless.) I was actually incredibly surprised by this book. It wasn't the same old thing and there were more than a few that I wanted to try. We had the red lentil soup with warm spices tonight and it was very good. I'm even contemplating getting my own copy, so that tells you something. It's by America's Test Kitchen which I like and already have a couple of their cookbooks.


Comments