"H" stands for hope
You get a bonus blog post this morning because I really, really need to document this.
After less than 24 on R.'s new medicine she calls to me because she wants to know what letter she is looking at in her coloring book. This alone is more cognitive functioning than we've seen for a month so you can bet I went right over to look. I told her it was an "H". I also mentioned that it was the letter that H.'s name started with. Then she wanted to know how to write it, so I showed her. And she did this on her own.
We then went on to "D" because she saw that letter and wanted to know about it. She also drew one which I didn't think she'd be able to do because curved lines have always been challenging. I was then asked what mommy started with.
Umm... I don't even know what to say. This is not something she was even remotely interested even before last month.
I'm planning on doing my 2022 reading list tonight, but how could I not take a moment to be supremely grateful for such a simple yet earth shatteringly huge interaction with my child?

Comments