Meal Planning - Jan. 26 - 31, 2021

Since we had a day long neurology appointment yesterday, I had planned to just do the grocery shopping a day late, and adjusted accordingly. Then, over the weekend, we started hearing noises about a big snow storm arriving on Monday evening and continuing into Tuesday. The last think I wanted to do was have to go shopping in a snow storm, and since it would be the end of the week, supplies would be running low, so I wouldn't be able to skip. I dislike shopping on the weekends, but decided that it was the wiser move. I'm glad I did. I could have gone and made it, but it was nicer to not have to worry about it.

Tuesday, Jan. 26

Spiced cauliflower with ziti
     Well, penne, because that is what I had. This is from my favorite Italian cookbook. It is very good. This cookbook is also the reason I stock anchovies in my pantry. Who knew they were good stirred into so many different pasta sauces?
Garlic bread

Wednesday, Jan. 27

Roasted tamarind chicken with honey and red chili
     This is from my favorite (possibly because it's my only one) Indian cookbook. The theme from this week's menus seems to be food from far away from here. This is a new recipe for us, and all these things get wrapped into the tortilla (really it's supposed to be chapatis, but I'm cheating) and eaten that way.
Mint and yogurt chutney
Whole wheat tortillas
Sauteed red peppers and onions

Thursday, Jan. 28

Homemade hamburger helper
     This is easy and will make a nice break in between some labor intensive meals.
Salad

Friday, Jan. 29

Stir-fried chicken and noodles with black bean sauce
     This also has bok choy in it, and is particularly good.
Egg rolls

Saturday, Jan. 30

Salmon and spinach curry
     Also from my Indian cookbook. It's also a new recipe for us, and I hope we like it because it could be a more affordable way to have salmon if everyone only needs a few bites.
Caramelized onion and jeera rice

Sunday, Jan. 31

Vegetable paella
     From my Mediterranean cookbook, this, too, is a new recipe. It has fennel in it which sounds particularly good.
French bread
     From scratch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach