Meal Planning - June 22 - 28, 2020

Today was J.'s and my 29th anniversary. We were actually able to go eat at a restaurant. We had a very nice meal, and were actually able to have a conversation that wasn't interrupted after every sentence. So, happy anniversary to us.

Monday

Meatball sandwiches
     This was all from packages... frozen meatballs, jarred sauce, store bought buns. It's one of the easy meals children can make for themselves if we are going out.
Roasted Brussels sprouts
     These were frozen sprouts and they worked okay to roast.

Tuesday

Steak and spring vegetable stir-fry
     The key to meal planning this week was to use the vegetables I had growing in the garden. I have a lot of snap peas, which this recipe calls for, so that's why we're having it.
Jasmine rice
Eggrolls

Wednesday

Pork meatballs and escarole soup
     Once again, I have a lot of escarole growing in the garden.
Biscuits

Thursday

Pasta with Swiss chard and garlicky bread crumbs
     Guess what I have growing in the garden? You guessed it, Swiss chard.
Garlic bread

Friday

Greek salad
     I'm going to add some cooked chicken to this to make it an entree.
Pita bread
Kale chips
     There's lots of kale in the garden as well.

Saturday

Banh Xeo
     These are also called Vietnamese pancakes if you are at a Vietnamese restaurant. They are so good! We haven't had them for a while, so, since I had ground pork in the freezer and Thai basil in the garden, it seemed like the perfect time to have them. I've become rather adept at making them.

Sunday

Indian spiced chicken with tomato and cream
     I had frozen chicken thighs which I had bought on sale a while back.
Naan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach