Meal planning, June 1 - 7, 2020

I am all out of words right now. I have plenty of emotions... anger, sadness, fear, grief... they are just that, feelings without words right now. At least not nice words. I can't even begin to imagine what my African-American friends are feeling right now.

It's probably just as well that I post my weekly menu plan; I can make a list. I'm back to weekly menu making and shopping now. The stores have had all that I wanted for two weeks now, so the need to create my menus backwards from what I was able to buy seems to be gone.

Monday, June 1

Tacos
     As requested by multiple children. Even better, the children made the whole dinner themselves
Refried beans

Tuesday, June 2

Chicken Paprikash
     An easy dinner in the crock pot since I will be gone over dinner time
Egg noodles
Salad

Wednesday, June 3

Green chicken curry
     A family favorite
Fresh noodles
Dumplings
     At least I think I have more in the freezer, I forgot to look

Thursday, June 4

Goat cheese and sun-dried tomato pasta
     A new recipe I decided to try because I have both goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes from my new best friend, the wholesaler.
Garlic bread

Friday, June 5

Falafel sandwiches with yogurt sauce and lettuce and tomatoes
     I want to try out a Patal Brothers store that opened not too far from us. I loved going to the Patal Bros. in Chicago. I'll pick-up some falafel mix when I'm there. The pita bread (all 24 packages) is in the freezer, once again from the wholesaler.
Yellow rice

Saturday, June 6

Garlic-chili bowls
     These will have ground pork (I just bought a side of pork this past week), greens from the garden, and millet
Foccaccia
     We made this a couple of weeks ago and it was wonderful

Sunday, June 7
(My birthday)

Stuffed spinach pizza
     This is what I decided I wanted, and various family members agreed to make it.
Salad

Comments

Molly said…
Can you post your recipe for the onion cheese casserole?I'd love to know it. I've got a whole bunch of ends that need a use.

thecurryseven said…
Molly,

Here is the link to the recipe. http://ordinary-time.blogspot.com/2012/05/frugal-large-family-meals-strata.html

Enjoy!
e

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach