Meal Planning - Feb. 10 - 16, 2020

This is a day late because J. and I decided at the last minute to go out to dinner last night. There were a growing stack of logistical things we needed to talk about, but could never find the uninterrupted time to have an actual conversation.

The theme for this week is things I don't have to work too hard on fixing. I just didn't have the energy to do anything with a long preparation.

Monday

Chalupa
     This is a favorite for us. It's a pork loin cooked in the crock pot with pinto beans (and other things), served over tortilla chips with various toppings. Everyone likes it, it's easy, and I had some frozen pork loin in the freezer.

Tuesday
     I had thought that J. was going to be late at work on this night, but it turns out he isn't. I haven't quite decided if I will keep this as it or save it for next week when he really will be late and come up with something else. I tend not to cook when he isn't going to be here for dinner and heat something up instead.

Chicken sandwiches
Cooked carrots

Wednesday

Unstuffed cabbage casserole
     Essentially its sliced cabbage and ground beef with seasonings. It's very easy to put together.
Rice
Canned fruit

Thursday

Risotto with spinach
     Some people in the house love risotto, others not so much. I happen to like it and don't mind standing at the stove and stirring it.
Salad

Friday
     I don't get home on Fridays until six, so we're having a festive Valentine's Day meal with easy ingredients.

Heart-shaped pasta with sauce
     I found the pasta on sale at Aldi and the sauce is from a jar.
Garlic bread
Salad

Saturday

Sausage gravy and biscuits
     This was G.'s request. Since she has been wanting it for weeks, I decided to make it for her. All from scratch.
Apple sauce

Sunday

Baked chicken with pearl onions
     I have frozen chicken in the freezer, so I'll make something up with some jarred pearl onions which are in the pantry.
Stuffing
     From a box. I feel as though we should probably have something green, but this was all I could come up with when I was planning yesterday afternoon. The children will be thrilled as they love boxed stuffing.

The dishwasher is still broken which adds to my cooking slump. It turns out that stores can look in their records and tell you if you purchased a warranty or not. It turns out we have a three year warranty on this dishwasher. Hooray! Now I need to remember to call to get someone to come out and look at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach