Friday Update - September 18, 2026
I'm not sure there will be much to share as it has been a quiet week.
- I really dislike books with unreliable narrators. It is especially annoying when you only start to get the hint in the last 75 pages. Then to add insult to injury, the book ends the moment before the foreman of the jury is about to read the verdict and the last line of the book is, "Guilty or not guilty? You decide." And that's it. Absolutely no closure after nearly 400 pages. I've been sputtering about it all day.
- Ducks are hilarious. They also like to stay out until after dark. But then they can't find the door of the pen without someone shining a light on it. L. suggested outfitting them all with little head lamps. How cute would that be?
- I love listening to my children's stories about odd things that happen at work. L. and A. seem to collect the oddest experiences.
- It's just me, R. and H. at home on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's very quiet... and a little odd.
- J. and I spend a fairly significant amount of time driving children to and from work and volunteer shifts.
- I still have baskets and baskets of apples sitting in my kitchen. There might be some effort made to do something with them tomorrow.
- G. has promised apple fritters this weekend. I'm very much looking forward to them.
- The seasons are definitely shifting. There are a lot fewer bird sounds, I've seen large migrating flocks passing through, and I saw the first geese this afternoon.
- I'm currently listening to the origins of the French Revolution on The Rest is History podcast. I had already listened to a long series on Admiral Lord Nelson. So far everything I've listened to is very well done and very entertaining.
- I'm not entirely sure how it is suddenly mid-September. It's right around at this point in the year that it feels as though someone hits the fast forward button on life. I've even started buying Christmas gifts because I need to spread them out.
And that seems about it for right now. I truly don't mind quiet, uneventful weeks.
Comments