Fiber Monday - A little bit of panic

And what was the little bit of panic? It was realizing that I needed to submit my application to have items in the holiday market by Oct. 2. In theory this shouldn't be a problem, but I need to submit photographs. (It's a juried sale.) I don't have the guest towels I'm going to weave finished so I don't have a photograph. Today is September 21st which is not that very far away from October. If I was going to get my application in, I needed to get a move on. 

Which is why I spent quite a few hours yesterday dressing my loom. I did have my warp measured out and my project planned, so that was something, but there is still a lot that needs to happen. I managed to sley the reed, thread the loom, and get the warp wound on yesterday. Today was a bit nuts, so all I managed to get to was to tie up the treadles and begin to get the front of the project tied in. I did discover one section of crossed threads, but I decided to leave that until tomorrow. I really hope I can be weaving by the end of tomorrow. If I can, then there is a realistic chance I can get the weaving done by the end of the month. 

Here's where I left the loom today. 


It's a cotton/linen blend and the weft will be the same yarn. The towels will have lace Christmas trees woven along each end. I'm really hoping it turns out like the image I have in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap