Fiber Monday - What do you do when you have a lot of projects started?
And some of those projects really need to get done, especially if I am going to weave things to sell at Christmas. You start a new and completely unrelated project of course.
Over the weekend I became overwhelmed with the desire to make a quilt I have the pattern for. No, I don't know why, but that's what happened. So on Saturday I dug through fabric and on Sunday I spent much of the day cutting out all the pieces.
Some of those piles have 48 pieces in them, most have between 12 and 24. It was a lot of cutting especially because I was mostly using up scraps, which meant I couldn't make nice piles and cut several at the same time.
Here is what I'm going to make.
Cute, huh? This is made with solid colors, but I realized I don't have a lot of solid colors in my stash. Mine will have more patterned fabrics. My color palate will also be different. Here are the four colors that will make up the birds.
The whole quilt will have a slightly darker toned aspect to it.
My calendar looked pretty empty today so I thought I'd be able to get one block made to see how it all goes together. It still turned out to be a very busy day despite my calendar, so no block has been created. The weekend looks as though it will be the next chunk of time I will have to work on it. I should probably figure out a way to store my nice stacked and labelled pieces before tragedy strikes and they get jumbled together.



Comments