Evidence of felt safety

I didn't really have anything to write so was going to skip a day. That was my plan until R. stepped into the breach to provide some blog fodder. 

I have been listening to her getting ready for bed while she sings her own little recitative. [Recitative, for the non-music majors out there, is the narrative part of an opera that is sung, but instead of being melodic, it focuses more on the speech rhythms using a limited number of notes.] At first I wasn't really paying much attention, but slowly the words she was singing came into focus. Her recitative entailed several repetitions of, "I am awesome," followed by the single line, "I'm so cool," then going back to the awesome line. Set on repeat. It's charming. And not something I could have dreamt as being possible even as recently as three years ago. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap