Something to watch

Today I finished co-teaching a training module on working with young people in the Equine Assisted Activities realm for Athena Herd Foundation. As I was reviewing the material for today's session, I realized that two of the videos we had assigned the group are actually pertinent to my post from Sunday. I think they are also just really useful for parents or anyone who works with children and young people. They don't take long and are well worth your time. 



One of the main takeaways is that adults working with children need to know their own bodily states so that they can create safety for the children around them. One reason I am excited by Equine Assisted Learning is that it is a valuable tool for gaining that self awareness. If you want to be a better parent, spending time with horses via Equine Assisted Learning is a very effective way to reach that goal.

Bittersweet Farm LLC 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach