I am not ready for regular life to resume

Which is why I would like to pause and thank my August 2023 self for not scheduling our winter semester to begin until next week. J. went back to work today, so that is the first step to easing into our schedule. We also started back to our usual teatime reading which had also fallen by the wayside during the holidays. (We even had a teatime treat because I found gingerbread cookies on sale for $0.29 a package. I might have bought a few ) 

We haven't started a new teatime book yet because we needed to finish up some reading from last semester. We'll be finished with that tomorrow. By then I should have our new book here from the library for Friday. I'm keeping that title under wraps for the moment, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the Renaissance. I think everyone needs to think about something different for a while. 

So maybe with this slow approach, we will all be able to handle our usual schedule come Monday.

Maybe.

I'm pretty sure everyone else will be fine. It's really just me that is the problem. The fact that I even looked at our school schedule today says that I'll be at the dining room table with the rest of them. But I would be lying if I said I hadn't had the thought more than once of turning them loose and declaring ourselves radical unschoolers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap