Caught by surprise
Just the other day the thought popped into my head that we hadn't bumped into someone who mentioned that they had seen the documentary in quite a while. This was merely an observation, and truly I go weeks at a time without thinking about it. We were done with filming at the very beginning of 2016, so that doesn't surprise me. Even it's big debut on PBS was a couple of years ago now. It was a huge part of our lives and now it's not. It was just something interesting to ponder.
But, it seems, that it may just sneak up on us every now and then, and that is how it will be going forward. For instance, this afternoon, we were at a neighbor's birthday party, when we found ourselves having a conversation with someone (whom we didn't know), who had seen the documentary. It was a very nice conversation, but I think the documentary angle took both me and J. by surprise.
And once again, the whole thing startles me... that there is this movie about our family when I still consider us to be the very unlikeliest documentary subjects.
Comments