A little more diversity
One of the things that everyone in my family noticed when we moved to the far western Chicago suburbs from Evanston was the lack of diversity. It was more than a little unsettling. This lack of diversity also extended to restaurants. While some of the towns a little east of us did have some variety, our own little town didn't really have any.
Just this morning I read that a new Jamaican restaurant opened in our little town. J. and I agreed that we would need to try it at some point.
I gardened much of the day today. I woke up feeling significantly less sore which was lovely especially since it was a beautiful day and there was a lot of gardening to do. We're having guests over a week from Friday so it would be nice to have the yard look... not abandoned. And I leave in two weeks for England and I really want all the vegetable plants and seeds planted.
I'm nothing if not compulsive once I have a plan, so I happily gardened for much of the day. I also probably overdid it because by teatime I was very tired and my bruises were very sore. Dinner was not high on my list of things I wanted to bother with. So J. and I looked at the menus and switched some things around. Children made omelettes and we got Jamaican takeout from the new restaurant.
It was really good and actually reasonably priced. So if you live near me, give it a try. We'll definitely get food from it again. It however did not make my sore bruised side less painful. I think I will need to take it a little bit easier tomorrow.
Comments