Nothing

It's been a very low key summer. This isn't a bad thing, but it does mean that in terms of blog fodder there just isn't a whole to write about. So if you've been thinking that the posting has been a little spottier than usual, that's why. I just don't think that the majority of readers are really interested in reading more posts than I already write about yarn or horses. Then when you add in that my youngest are now 13, well, even the child angle kind of dries up. It is a lot more difficult to write about teen doings than toddler doings. Toddlers don't care, teens do. (Though they do like to look back and see what their toddler selves were doing.)

So here I am the second night in a row, sitting at my computer, and wondering what the heck I'm going to write about. It's not quite like writer's block. Given a topic, I would be happy to bang something out. It's the difficulty of finding something blog worthy in my day. I mucked stalls. I sorted through old magazines, cutting out recipes I wanted to keep. I put those recipes in my recipe binder. I taught a horse class. I did some laundry. I did some spinning. I read at teatime. Fascinating, huh?

I suppose I could have a brief pity party about the difficult of growing a business. How difficult it is to convince people that hanging out with horses can be good for their mental health and outlook on life. How to gently suggest to parents that if they are unhappy with how they are interacting with their children ("I never thought I would be a parent who yells") can actually be changed and I can help them do that. The biggest difficult is that I am not a therapist, and it seems those people who do see a need to make changes in their lives only see a therapist as able to help. (Therapists are great. I'm pro therapist. But some life issues can also be addressed through other venues.) Sometimes I wonder should I go back to school to become a therapist. Boy, I don't want to go back to school to become a therapist.

I can't even really write about homeschooling at the moment because we are most definitely on summer break. There have been brief moments of doing quick book searches in anticipation of the planning phase which is coming up next month, but that's it. I am not ready to dive into that quite yet. 

There you go. An entire blog post about absolutely nothing. Actually, it's a blog post about writing nothing about nothing. 

Comments

Dorene Tieche said…
Mmm what does it say about me that I enjoyed reading your article titled Nothing?

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap