Fiber Monday - Lots of works in progress
This post is a little later than usual tonight because J. and I had to go and purchase (yet another) new range. It should arrive next week. It is a very long story, but ultimately, we are being reimbursed the cost of our old range. J. is kind of over spending his free (and not so free) time repeating the same story over and over and over to the warranty company. I suggested that that warranty company should reimburse me for the bread I have had to buy, but J. didn't want to call them again to ask.
Let's move on to something non-appliance related and start with spinning projects. I don't have anything completed to show you, but these bobbins are ready to ply together tomorrow.
These are part of a bigger project. I've already showed you the bright blue yarn I have finished.
Then those two bobbins in the first picture will be a mixture of the bright blue and the navy blue. After I finish that, I'll spin just the navy for the last set of yarn. (It really is a lovely navy with lots of different shades of blue in it. The photo doesn't do it justice.)
I also stared combing the last of the wool for the socks I'm planning. Here is what I've done
and here is what I have left. I need to get on with this project so that when I finish knitting the cardigan I'm working on, I'll be all ready to cast on the socks. (The cardigan is over halfway done. I've done the back and one side and am halfway done with the second side. That only leaves the sleeves and button band. My goal is to have it done for when the weather starts to turn.)
I haven't really done much with weaving this week. I did measure out some more warp for the project I'm starting. Here are the first two sections. The warp is the two long things hanging down to the right of the window.
Here is a better photo of what they look like.
I'm in the middle of the third section with one more to go after that. Then I can start dressing the loom. Doing all the things to get the warp ready takes some concentration, so its not something I can do when I'm feeling scattered. Not a lot of warp measuring has happened for the past few days. Spinning is a much better activity when I can't concentrate.
Finally, look at all the alpaca I've spun on my spindle.
I think I'm getting close to needing to wind this off into a ball. I can still spin the spindle easily enough, but once it gets too heavy I'll have to do something about it. Having a carrying case for a spindle has meant that I've done a lot more with this. It's easy to grab and take outside if I want to enjoy the weather. Maybe at some point I'll get good enough so that I can spin and walk at the same time. I am really not close to that point yet.
That's it for this week. Maybe I'll have some finished items to share next week.









Comments