Duck tales



I have now watched the video up above several times and showed it to as many children as I could get to watch it. I don't know what I find so amusing about ducks wearing flower hats, but I do. So I thought, "I have ducks and I have flowers, I wonder if I can put flower hats on our ducks." 

No. 

The answer to that question was no, I cannot put flowers on our ducks.

As I said, I have the ducks.

I even have cute white ducks who walk in a line.


And smaller ducks who like to swim.


But the boys were too busy wrestling (and because this is a family blog, we're going to go with wrestling instead of worrying about the details of male adolescent duck behavior) to care about flower hats.


The girl ducks were too busy swimming to care to even look at the enticing flower hat I was offering them.


Even while swimming the boy ducks were too busy to be bothered by hats, floral or otherwise.


I even tried the baby chickens, but no hats for them, either.


Finally, at the end of the day, after having herded the girl ducks back home from their wanderings down the street (for the third time today, by the way), I managed to get a flower hat on a baby chicken as she was being carried from her preferred roosting spot (the boot shelf outside the kitchen door) to our preferred chicken roosting spot (inside her pen). 


I don't think chickens with flower hats has quite the same cute vibe, do you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap