Tired

Every so often, perhaps every few months, my life must catch up with me and I crash briefly. Today seems to be one of those days. I sat down on the couch to rest for a bit before I needed to go tack and warm-up Bristol before a riding lesson and totally fell asleep for nearly an hour. Riding lesson-wise it was fine. The student tacked up Bristol and then I rode her to just do a quick check on how she was feeling. (She's been on a break for three weeks due to poor riding weather.) It all worked. I hate that feeling, though, of waking up from a nap where you have been so sound asleep that you don't feel as though you can move for a while. That was me this afternoon. I've been dragging ever since. It will be an early bedtime for me tonight. Usually if I can get a good nine or ten hours of sleep I'll be back to my usual self. (I function best at ten hours of sleep a night, but rarely get that... parenting children, books, it's usually books if I'm honest. I think it just catches up with me now and then.)

So for your viewing pleasure this evening, I give you photos of cats. Well, one cat, Nefertiti, of whom the children with cameras seem to enjoy taking pictures.



I will also give you a book recommendation. Read You'll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey by Amber Ruffin and Lacey Lamar. I enjoyed it, well, I really enjoyed the mistaken identity story about Oprah. It's a hard book to put into words. You won't be sorry you read it and it will make you a better person, at least it should if you've understood it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap