Counting down
Every day we receive the announcement regarding number of days left until TM ships out to boot camp. The number is horrendously small at this point. I actually don't like hearing it. It is very hard to imagine what life will be like with TM gone for months and months. I also know some younger siblings who are going to miss him terribly. He is the go-to brother for fun and activities. Today he took many of them to a forest preserve, stopping to get them drinks on the way home. He is always up for taking them to parks or stores or the library. For that matter, he is always game to run to whatever store I need him to. TM is fun to have around and we enjoy his company. I'm still trying very hard not to think about it too much.
He is a quick example. Tonight we ordered out gyros for dinner. (Remember last week when I discovered I hadn't planned anything for Monday? Well, it seems I never quite got around to doing that.) TM offered to go pick it up and took R. with him.
And now I will go back to doing my very best ostrich imitation.

Comments