It just goes on and on and on...
This is the week that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends
We started on Monday because that's how a week begins
But Monday seemed to last forever just because
This is the week that never ends...
Anyone with me on this? I have never had a week that seemed to last for so long or where I have been so disoriented time-wise. There have multiple times this week where I truly thought it was one day and it turned out to be a totally different day. One of those instances was trying to convince the household that R.'s birthday was not on the day it really was because I thought I was on a different day. I can't decide whether it is more frustrating or concerning.
Part of the difficulty is that other than video church on Sunday morning, this week has had no appointments or any sort of event(other than R.'s birthday which clearly wasn't enough) to mark the days. They just start blending one into the next. J. has been much better able to keep track of days but he is still working, though remotely. I should just believe him when he tells me what day it is and not try to argue with him about it.
I'm not the only one who is a bit confused. More than one child has had to ask what day it was recently. Y. even pondered what if we totally lost track of time and it was actually May 16 or something. But that would mean that time had moved quickly, and judging by the fact that this week has seemed a month long, I don't think that is going to happen.
For those of you who might be as confused as I am, tomorrow is Friday, May 7. I'm pretty sure.
It just goes on and on my friends
We started on Monday because that's how a week begins
But Monday seemed to last forever just because
This is the week that never ends...
Anyone with me on this? I have never had a week that seemed to last for so long or where I have been so disoriented time-wise. There have multiple times this week where I truly thought it was one day and it turned out to be a totally different day. One of those instances was trying to convince the household that R.'s birthday was not on the day it really was because I thought I was on a different day. I can't decide whether it is more frustrating or concerning.
Part of the difficulty is that other than video church on Sunday morning, this week has had no appointments or any sort of event(other than R.'s birthday which clearly wasn't enough) to mark the days. They just start blending one into the next. J. has been much better able to keep track of days but he is still working, though remotely. I should just believe him when he tells me what day it is and not try to argue with him about it.
I'm not the only one who is a bit confused. More than one child has had to ask what day it was recently. Y. even pondered what if we totally lost track of time and it was actually May 16 or something. But that would mean that time had moved quickly, and judging by the fact that this week has seemed a month long, I don't think that is going to happen.
For those of you who might be as confused as I am, tomorrow is Friday, May 7. I'm pretty sure.
Comments