Duck...

(Ignore the horribly muddy pen. Here are three of the new ducklings.)

Duck...

(One of the Khaki Campbells)

Goose!


These are a pair of African geese, and the newest animal residents here at Bittersweet Farm. I wish I could be a little more excited about their arrival. 

Remember back in February when the ducklings arrived and they came in the mail with a pair of goslings which my friend ordered? Well, these are the same goslings, now geese. There was an unexpected and quick job transfer to the east coast, and the geese could not make the move. We are all kind of devasted since we will miss these friends very much. Finding another family where the wives, husbands, and children all get along doesn't happen very often, and to have found that again after having left close friends because of our move was wonderful. We will miss them very much, and I hope and pray that they find friendship, peace, and joy in their new home. 

And we'll think of them every time we see their geese. While we are happy to give the geese a home, given a choice, I'd much rather have the friends and not the geese. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

The mystery of the missing soap