Choosing Joy

I was going to write a post about the beginnings of our unit study on Marco Polo and the Silk Road. I'll still do that, but today I want to share something else. My real-life friend wrote a very moving post describing her daughter's day. I've met this child. She is sweet and personable and you can't help falling in love with her. My heart aches for the pain she has endured... and still endures.

She is also a humbling reminder to me. Joy is a choice. We don't have to wait for perfect circumstances to choose to be joyful. In fact, if we were to wait, we would probably never get to experience joy. Please, even if you don't tend to click through to links, take the time to read this one. It's worth the effort.

Seriously Blessed: A Day in the Life of Jasmine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain