Weekly Update - October 12, 2024

We had the monthly Inclusive Game Night at our church last night, so it was late and I was tired. It's a fun night, but I just really need to crash afterwards.
  • Overhead in the car the other day:
Child 1: Hey, play the song I want to hear!
Child 2: Okay, I'll play your old people music.
Me: Old people music?
Child 1, Yeah, The Cure.
  • A. came by for a bit this afternoon to say hi and also meet the sheep. 




  • Because there is no such thing as too many sheep pictures, right?
  • We are promised a hard freeze in the next few days. I really hope so, because I'm really done with flies. 
  • Horses. 

At least we caught them before they had caused too much chaos in the barn. 
  • Not being able to find a podcast that will either, 1. put out enough episodes that I have something new to listen to each morning in the barn, and 2. that I want to spend that much time with, I have succumbed to audiobooks. You would think that this is perfect, given the virtually never ending amount of books to listen to. But I'm on the fence. Yes, it is engaging, but perhaps too engaging. I have long known that I can't drive and listen to audiobooks and stay safe on the road. I find stories so engrossing that it would be entirely possible that I would forget I was operating a vehicle. It seemed safe enough to listen while I mucked stalls. But I am finding the transition from story to the rest of my morning challenging. It is taking a while to get my brain back into the real world and I find it more than a little disconcerting. I'm also realizing that when I'm listening to podcasts that I have a perpetual conversation with the content going in my head, which makes me more aware of my surroundings. I'm thinking when I finish this book (which is a fairly light mystery) that I may need to try non-fiction books to listen to.
  • The dishwasher is still broken. It will actually remain broken until we bite the bullet and buy a new one. Who knows when that will be. In the meantime, people have been pretty good about washing their dishes and not just leaving them in the sink. 
  • I bought the first Christmas gift of the year today.
  • The chickens are all moulting and look fairly pathetic. The chicken coop also looks as though it was the scene of a massacre based solely on the number of feathers in it. I'll be glad when they're done.
  • The farrier was here earlier this week and Vienna's feet look amazing. She is very pleased at how healed Vienna is. I wish I could go back and tell my distraught January self that it would eventually be okay.
I think that's about it for the evening. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway