Fiber Monday - something I like on the loom

Last week I showed you a couple of pictures of the scarf I was weaving that I didn't like. Weaving something I was lass than pleased with was bound to happen sooner or later. Not quite through the entire scarf, I decided it was never going to be a scarf. I liked the blue and green sections, deciding that they looked kind of peacock like. This led to thinking about cutting them out and using them with other fabric to make an article of clothing. Purple fabric with the sections of weaving added in could make a cool jacket. So I spent the rest of that scarf just trying different wefts to see what they would look like with the silk warp. 

But I had painted enough silk warp for two scarves and on the second has a much better idea of what I wanted. The second scarf I am very happy with and it is much more enjoyable to weave.


This will definitely remain a scarf.

This past Saturday I went to Find Line's art book sale. I had no idea what kinds of books or prices to expect, so was planning on doing more looking than buying. I often find books I'm interested in and then check them out of the library to actually look at. Then, if they are ones I would like to have in my library, I'll add them to my running list that I keep an eye out for second hand. 

I ended up doing a bit more shopping than I had planned.


This stack? $13. Hard to beat, huh? Especially when I found three titles that had been on that running list for quite some time:



That Cocoknits book is like new, and let's just say its retail price is twice what I paid for everything. On Sunday I spent some time doing a little bookshelf rearranging to make room for the new books. Slowly, slowly, one cubbie at a time, the school books are finding homes elsewhere and I am taking them over with my crafting books and supplies. It's a slow process, but doing it this way helps take the edge off of my homeschooling career quickly coming to an end because it is being replaced by something I'm equally interested in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway