Some day I'll be able to leave the sweatshop

It's 8:00 pm on Thursday. I'm still sewing. Some day I won't spend every moment sewing. 

I think.

My children's clothes that I was making are completely done.

My dress is completely done. 

The jacket is nearly done and I'm on the last step if sewing the Hong Kong binding around the selvedges of the arm holes.


Then I need to hem K.'s pants.

My plan is to not go to bed until the sewing is all done so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow. That would be the day the festivities begin. 

I did have one break this afternoon to get some food so we could eat and I found a pair of shoes at my favorite thrift shop that match my dress.


They're blue. You're just going to have to trust me on this. 

That's it for tonight because I need to sew and try to finish before I collapse. 

I can't wait to do something else with my time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway