Less than a week

B.'s wedding is a week from today. We are all excited, we adore his fiancee, abd and it will be lovely to catch-up with family. But I am so tired of sewing. I can say without a doubt that everything will be finished and everyone will be clothed, so that's good. I still have quite a few hours of sewing ahead of me to get all the various bits completely finished. 

One of the reasons I do so many different projects in a wide variety of crafts is that I never know what I will feel like doing. If I grow tired of one or get stuck on a project I then move to something else for a while. Then, after a bit, I'm ready to go back to the project I had grown tired of or have figured out how to solve my problem and can continue. That freedom to flit from project to project has not been an option because of the need for clothing for the wedding. Don't think I'm not pleased that I can make special clothes for my son's wedding, I am. Very. I just have to work against my usual way of creating things for a bit.

The studio is looking a little worse for wear as well. It's going to take a bit to get everything straightened up and put away when all is done. I'm also very excited the able to get something new on my loom. I actually have several projects all lined up in my head. 

But perhaps the nuttiest part for a person who has just said she's tired of sewing is that I have a couple of new sewing projects also planned out. I'm particularly interested in using handwoven yardage in conjunction with vintage patterns. Nothing about that sounds fast, does it? 

I should have pictures by Monday of the jacket I'm nearly done with that is being made out of the handwoven and handspun fabric. It's all done except for the sleeves. The end is in sight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway