Happy Not Back to School Day

As usual, we kicked off our school year by going on an outing. This year we went to the Brookfield Zoo with friends. It was a gorgeous day, sunny and not too hot. I accidentally left my phone in the car, so the few pictures I have are taken by others. 

K. and L.

The marmoset was a particular favorite today and we spent a long time watching him. 

The Canada geese were very interested in our picnic lunch, but though a couple came fairly close, none were aggressive. 


And the sleeping snow leopard was so cute and fluffy. The sleeping position also made us laugh because it was nearly the same way that Juniper sleeps. 

It was a great day and everyone enjoyed it. Tomorrow morning we get up and start the official school year. The first day is far more discussing plans and sorting out our schedule more than anything else. Some people are not overly excited, but I think even they will survive. This also means I will be beginning year 28 of my homeschooling career. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway