A tale of two weekends

On Thursday night J. loaded up the van with six children and one dog and headed to his aunt's Beach house in Michigan. 


I stayed home. By myself. Well, by myself along with four cats, five horses, and innumerable poultry. Sometimes paying a house sitter just isn't in the budget and I needed to sew. 

So as I was recreating my own version of a sweatshop, I would get pictures like this. 







They all had a lovely time. While I enjoy going to the beach house, it just wasn't in the cards this year and it was an unusual experience to be alone with absolutely no schedule for four days. For someone who likes very much to start a project and not be interrupted, there was great players in that. 

Everyone is home now. We'll have our nit-back-to-school outing tomorrow and then life gets back to its usual schedule. In terms of sewing, I have handwork and hemming on my dress and H.'s dress, I have handwork on G.'s vest, I have nearly all the sewing done on L.'s vest, and my jacket is cut out. That last was no small feat given that I first had to make a muslin to test the pattern fit, do a little adjusting, then adjust the pattern some more to eek out the fabric in order to have enough. Here is the last piece on the very last little bit of fabric. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway