If you need a reprieve from seriousness

This evening at dinner, I had to get up to get my phone in order to play "The Reluctant Cannibal" by Flanders and Swann for the children at the table. This made me realize that it had been a while since I wrote a post urging my readers to find some of their music to listen to. At the Drop of a Hat and At the Drop of Another Hat are two of their best known albums. (Personally, I like Another Hat best.) They are witty and funny and well worth listening to (and making your children listen to.) There are whole sections of patter between the Michael Flanders and Donald Swann that some of my children can do verbatim. And the vast majority of us know many of the songs and can (and do) break into them often. If this hasn't convinced to you take a listen, here are some past posts to encourage you further.

Flanders and Swann - This has a link to their song, "The Gas Man Cometh", which is perhaps one of my very favorites.

Stuff, part 3: That's entropy man - This post has a link to the song, "The Second Law of Thermodynamics". Another family favorite.



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway