Doing a little multi-tasking

In order to cut out all the pattern pieces for The Dress, I need to piece some fabric together to have enough for the pattern pieces. It is the downside to having fabric only 25 inches wide. It's time consuming hand work, but far from mentally taxing. Watching something while I sew slows me down, but listening is perfect. 

This is why I found myself binge listening to an amazing podcast. It's called Fiber Nation, and sadly the last episode produced was in 2021. Why am I telling you this not on a Monday? Well, don't let the title fool you. Even if you aren't interested in fiber related things, this podcast is so well done that I guarantee you will find it interesting, especially if you enjoy really well done history research. I've learned about cowboys, the intersection of feminism, home economics, and WWII,  the Isle of Mann, and an art and science installation of a huge crocheted coral reef. I have also found some resources that I have passed along to various children that fit with what they plan on working on for school this fall. And I put a book on hold, which is always a sign of good listening. 

But, I'll give you a tip. They did an April Fool's episode which I listened to not looking at the date. Just know that no scientist is using Crispr gene editing to create marmots with invisible fur to use as cloaking devices. Yes, writing that out I realize it sounds ridiculous and I shouldn't have fallen for it. But it is such a well done podcast that I'm the moment it seemed plausible. 

And that hand sewing? I'm not done. I see a couple more afternoons of sewing ahead of me.

I'm taking the selvedges of pieces of scrap fabric and sewing them together to make...


Big enough pieces of fabric to get the last two pattern pieces cut out. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway