Accountability

For the past couple of months, a couple of friends and I have been meeting on Zoom to share our current weaving projects. These are friends I met taking weaving classes and we all decided that we wanted something more consistent than the random weaving class a few times a year. We specifically were interested in focusing on weaving fabric and then sewing clothing with that fabric. It's not something all weavers are interested in. I've been enjoying it. We each take some time to share what we've each been working on, give each other suggestions and encouragement, and also chat a bit. 

I wanted to do this because I wanted consistent interactions with other weavers. Self-motivation is not always a problem for me, but on the other hand, knowing we have a time set to meet, does give me some benchmarks to work toward. It's interesting because we each lean towards different types of weaving and styles of clothing. 

This feels like another small step towards creating the community that I so missed when we moved. I say small, but it actually feels pretty huge. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway