Weekly update - July 19, 2024,

The weather is cooler and it is blissful. Of course, the cooler weather was brought in by two nights of thunderstorms which also brought a record number of tornadoes to the northern Illinois area. We are fine despite one touching down a few miles south of us. The worst we experienced was lots of branches on the ground from the silver maples, but they do that in a light breeze, so it wasn't anything unusual. 

Other than that there is not much to report. I got caught up on laundry. I drove children to doctor's appointments. I enjoyed not dripping in sweat while cleaning the barn. And we have all enjoyed being able to turn the stove on to cook dinner. 

Since there is little to share, I'll leave you with yet one more funny conversation from dinner earlier this week. Somehow the conversation turned to dinosaurs and what dinosaurs could do. I don't remember the exact details. I said something along the lines of T-Rexes not being able to make things because of their short arms. (You will have to trust me that this actually made sense in the context of the conversation.) A child, one with a large vocabulary, then proclaimed, "You're so T-Rex-centric, Mother! There are other dinosaurs in the world, you know." Which made me laugh because, really, what else is there to do in the face of such an accusation? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway