Good friends

Last week I had dinner with a couple of very good friends at one of their homes. It was a lovely evening of good food and good conversation. Today, another friend offered her house for me to dry the fabric I wove (fabric that comes off a loom all needs to be wet finished before it is completed) because we have cats here who are a bit too entranced by yarn and textiles. Plus, she has air conditioning which means it stood a chance of actually drying. I got home from dropping that off, and then got everyone in the car to enjoy a friend's house pool. 

After teatime, I received a text saying the fabric was mostly dry and did I want to come iron it at her house. I thought for a moment... Iron at my house where it's a bit warm and I would need to vacuum the floor before I ironed yards of fabric or iron at her air-conditioned house with a pet free sewing are. Guess which I chose. No vacuuming was needed. 

Driving home from my friend's house where I had ironed fabric, I was struck with how different living in a place for seven years is compared with living there for just a few months. I also thought about how much I longed for the connections I have now in the early days of our move out here and my trying so hard to make that happen. It's probably just as well that I didn't know at the time how long it would take. It would have felt so discouraging. But I do wish I could go back and whisper in my ear that all would be well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

What a day, what a day...

Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway