Weekly update - June 29, 2024

We'll do an update today since yesterday we were having fun at the circus. 
  • K. is having a great time at my brother's and has done a lot of things. But he is also working. Today was fence pole installing day. 
  • The weather was cooler the last few days which has been really lovely. 
  • The answer to the age old question of, Why did the chicken cross the road? is... They don't. Chickens don't cross roads, they just continue down the center of them running at top speed while the car behind them creeps s-l-o-w-l-y along behind them. 
  • Java's eye is much better and looks pretty much normal again. (For those who missed my FB post, she got stung on the eyelid last weekend.)
  • L. and G. announced to me the other day that people are really, really weird about identical twins.
  • We bought another fan.
  • The owner's manual I bought that goes to the new van arrived today. I will be happy to learn what some of the buttons mean.
  • I'm really liking the van. I love that I don't have to wonder if I'll make it home every time I go somewhere and the air conditioning is very nice.
  • Some children are still on the fence. L. suggested I let her paint scenes from the Odyssey in the outside to match it's name... and make it more recognizable. I had no idea how many Honda Odysseys are out there. Now I see them everywhere. It's a switch from driving something that was very noticable.
  • J. was gone for part of the week at the second of two conferences he had this month. It's nice to have him home.
  • How did the Fourth of July arrive so soon? Suddenly children are asking me what we're doing for the holiday. 
  • We are eight, just 8!, chapters away from finishing Lonesome Dove. I've never spent 6+ months reading a book out loud. 
  • I suppose I should start thinking about what we'll read next. Lonesome Dove will be a hard act to follow.
  • As you know, I keep track of my reading and tally things up at the end of the year. I don't do it to try to read a certain number of books or to brag, I just find it interesting. This year will probably be a much lower number of books read. My personal reading has fallen into the very large, involved book that takes a long time to both get into and then finish, not unlike our reading aloud. 
And with that I will sign off, because J. will be reading to Y. soon and I'm involved in their book and don't want to miss it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

What a day, what a day...