Tip of the day

Did you know that even if you do just an hour of gardening a day, that even by the second day things start to look better? This is probably a known fact to many of you, but it feels a bit revelatory to me. My typical mode of gardening is to do hours at a time to get as much done as possible. This leaves me feeling completely done in so that my motivation to garden more is very low. There always seems to be so much to do that just an hour hardly seems worth the effort. But, I guess that hour is better than nothing which is what happens for weeks after one of my compulsive all day sessions. I sometimes have difficulty finding the middle ground. 

But this week, because I want to do something with H. and R., gardening for a bit each morning seemed like a good activity. They both enjoy it and I can usually find ways they can both help. Even with just a couple of hours I'm noticing a difference.

There's my life tip for you. Reasonable amounts of time spent on something really do make a difference. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

What a day, what a day...