Gardening pictures

H., R., and I did a little more gardening this morning before it got too hot. H. is extremely helpful and capable. She planted a bunch of sweet alyssum under the peonies next to the front walk. (We will finish planting this flat before fall!) 


Here is a better view of what she did. 


I continued to weed some very overgrown areas. Look! I rescued some iris. There is still a lot more iris in that patch of overgrowth to the left that need to be rescued. 


Here are a couple of successes from Monday and Tuesday. The pond is looking as though someone actually lives here 


The frogs who live in the pond and probably don't care about landscaping.



Then I came across this beautiful flower while weeding Monday. I had completely forgotten I had planted it last year until I unearthed it from the weeds. 


If I were filthy rich I would probably hire a gardener. I really do love a well-tended garden, but you would be hard pressed to know that from the current state of mine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach