Weekly update - May 2, 2024

Spring is officially here and it's lovely. I greatly appreciate being able to go outside and not have to put on a coat... or five.
  • We are finishing up our school work for the year. I've gone through to figure out what we have left and have put the appropriate library books on hold. 
  • There are flowers everywhere. This little crab apple tree has never bloomed to this extent before. 

  • G. has pretty much perfected making focaccia and we are all most appreciative.
  • With our co-op ending this past Tuesday, we are all feeling relaxed and as though we have a lot more free time. May is a very relaxing month for us. I apologize to all those who feel the exact opposite about May.
  • I have begin the hardening off process with the seedlings. 
  • Vienna continues to slowly improve. I had stopped poulticing a couple of days ago, but I think she is still fighting abscesses in her rear hooves, so they went back on today. They do make here feel a lot more comfortable. 
  • Here is another reason I think she is improving. 

This is what her stall looked like the other morning. When she is comfortable, she keeps it very tidy instead of just peeing and pooping where she sleeps. We haven't seen this level of tidiness in months. 
  • I finished reading Horse by Geraldine Brooks. It was good and I liked her portrayal of the groom then trainee and the horse. I think I would have liked it better if she had stuck with that storyline. The modern day characters felt flatter and less realistic to me. Actually, I think I am just done with the multiple storyline and time period thing. It now feels overdone. I want one storyline all the way through.
  • I bought a new calendar this week because I was very tired of not being able to plan things past June.
  • It really has been a most uneventful week. Uneventful is very good for general welfare, but not so good for coming up with interesting things to write about. I'm always open to writing suggestions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach