Late dinner

We sat down to dinner at 8:30 which was late even by our standards. Usually we get dinner on the table anywhere between 7:00 and 8:00. The reason dinner was so late is that I perpetually underestimate exactly how long it takes to make stuffed spinach pizza. The whole 'change the pony's hoof poultice' routine played a part in it as well, because I underestimate how long that takes as well.

But people are willing to wait patiently for stuffed spinach pizza. 



For the non-Chicagoans among my readers, thus is a type of pizza particular to Chicago. It's not deep dish because it has two crusts with the filling between (hence the name stuffed) and the tomato topping goes on top of the top crust. It is difficult to find out here on the edge of the onset map, so I'm glad I know how to make it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach