Weekly update - March 8, 2024

It has been a crazy busy week. All I did this afternoon was sit on the couch... because I could.
  • D. comes home for spring break tomorrow. It will be very good to see him. 
  • Those seeds I talked about starting last weekend? Well, this is as far as I got.
The bags of stuff to make the soil mix for the soil blocker which we've been stepping over all week. 

The pile of seed packets on the island that has sat here all week as well getting more and more scattered. I will need to reorganize them... again. 
  • We have been watching A 's cats while she stays with a friend between apartments. Her cats have been a little slow to warm up in the temporary surroundings, and Nefertiti has not gone out of her way to be welcoming. This morning, though, there was a brief detente and no one growled or hissed. (That someone would be Nefertiti, by the way.)

  • Vienna continues to improve and we are seeing her personality come out again. I had a horse class here this morning and she seemed genuinely excited to have children making a fuss about her.
  • The book I'm reading about cults and brainwashing is really fascinating.
  • We are now on about page 300 of Lonesome Dove, with 500 left to go. We are enjoying it, but it is definitely PG-13. The characters are interesting and there are now multiple story lines that we are following. The library is very nice and keeps renewing it for us.
  • I head to Arizona this coming Thursday to visit my mom and do some piano festival judging.
  • G. and L. got new glasses today. They both needed new lenses and it had been quite a few years since they had new frames, so everything about the glasses was new. They are both very pleased at how clear the world is again. 
  • I paid off my outstanding hay bill today, but am still working on my vet bill from Vienna. I will be very relieved when it is no longer hanging over my head. 
  • Come do some EFL work with me and you could help make a small dent in that bill. 
  • Finally, I have to mention something about Katie Britt's performance last night. I was going to write a lengthy blog post addressing all the myriad ways that her pandering and inanity annoyed me. But you can be thankful that it's been a busier than usual week for me because I don't have the energy. Instead I'll keep my reaction brief. (Well, brief for me.) My mother-in-law was a wonderful actress. She would often say that if an actor expresses all the feelings for their audience it leaves no room for the audience to experience their own emotions. Well, Ms. Britt certainly did all the emoting for all of us last night. It made her look foolish more than anything else. I won't even ask if this is the best the lunatic fringe can do because I already know the answer. But I suppose if your Dictator in Chief orders you to make a fool of yourself, you don't ask why, you just jump in and do it with gusto. She may worry about getting her household chores done at 2 am, but I worry about the state of our country. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach