No fiber again...

So how about some gardening?

It was a beautiful day and for the first time in ages, everyone seems to be in good health. After the grocery store, I decided I really needed to get the cold hardy seeds in the garden beds. 

L. was a huge help. We first needed to clear off the new pile of well composted horse manure, then fill the wheelbarrow and take it to the garden to mix it into the garden beds. I had Bern avoiding it because it felt like a job that would take forever. With, two people, it went far faster than I had expected. 

I planted lettuce, spinach, mizuna, Chard, beets, borage, and sugar snap peas. I even planned out the beds so I can plant lettuce in succession in order to prolong the harvest. This seems like a big gardener step from just dumping all the seeds in the beds all at once. 

Here they are.


Having sat for over a year, the compost is very, well, composted. Our two wheelbarrow fills barely made a dent in what we have. While we still have more beds to fill, there is plenty there. I'm serious in my offer to giving it away to whomever wants to come get some. 


I'm hoping to get the indoor seeds started soon. They probably should have been first, but the weather was too nice to stay inside. Maybe tomorrow... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach