March birthdays

We are three birthdays in March and as people have grown older we have taken to doing one big March celebration. Tonight was the night everyone could make it. Well, everyone but D.; we did FaceTime him so he could enjoy s bit of the celebration. 

Our March birthdays are W., A., and K. Games were played, Kenzie got a walk, cats got played with, Vienna had many visitors, food was eaten, pie was served, gifts were given, and much laughter happened. And not a single photo was taken. When you have 16 people having dinner together everyone is having too much fun to think about taking photos. 

I should have taken a picture of one of the pies I made for dessert, though. Last summer I had told you about finding a place where we could pick cherries and Saskatoon berries when we were up in Michigan. We came home and I responsibly froze all the berries we had picked. Where they sat all fall and winter. I suddenly remembered them this afternoon and decided to try making a pie with some. They made a great pie! I might be having another piece for breakfast in the morning. 

I love having all the adult children come over. They are all interesting and entertaining people to be around. Life is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach