Hedgehogs and brainwashing

If that title doesn't make you want to click on the post, I can't imagine what would. Let's start with the hedgehogs. Y. has taken on the task of making them both crocheted hats to match the season. Since it is now March, they needed spring hats. But since some of my children just can't seem to completely shake whatever cold is going around, L. has been putting their hats over their noses as masks. To keep them safe, you know. This annoys Y. So in an effort to keep the hedgehogs' hats on their heads and to keep them from getting sick, not only do they have new spring hats, but they have new spring masks as well. 




Now on to the brainwashing. A friend recommended a book to me and it arrived at the library yesterday. It is Terror, Love, & Brainwashing: attachment in cults and totalitarian systems by Alexandra Stein. Nothing like a little light reading, huh? I'm actually really excited about it. As I understand it, the author takes the different attachment styles (secure, anxious, avoidant, and disorganized) and examines how one's attachment style affects how they are influenced by cult and other high demand organizations. I find attachment theory to be fascinating as to how someone's attachment style affects their day to day life and relationships, but this takes the whole thing up a notch. I'm sure I will be reporting back. 

Comments

Donna said…
The hedgehog paraphernalia are adorable and entertaining. The book sounds intriguing; I look forward to your review.

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach