Weekly update - February 25, 2024

This could be brief as I don't think there was all that much that happened this week.
  • J. and I went out for two Saturdays in a row which is pretty unheard of around here. Last week we went out to dinner just ourselves as we couldn't remember the last time we had done that. Last night we met our very good friends the P. Family mom and dad because it had been far too long since we had seen them. Some children think it is a bit profligate of us to go out two weeks in a row.
  • We have been living pretty frugally since the new year (our two nights out not withstanding) because we have had several large bills which we are working on getting paid off. But I did splurge on one thing ... a laundry sorter. 

This falls under the heading of why didn't I do this sooner? I'd been using baskets to sort laundry, but they take up a lot of floor room in an area that doesn't have a lot of floor room. I had a similar sorter in the old house, but it was made of PVC pipe and would always be falling apart. It didn't make the move. I guess it felt wrong to buy one when I could have just moved the old one. But I'm so happy with this new one. It is sturdy, it frees up a lot of floor space, and I love the blue color. It's the little things, isn't it?
  • I have some sad news to share. I try to give my adult children privacy, especially when they are grieving, but since their animals have been a part of this blog, I wanted to share that A. lost Olive earlier this week and P. lost Midnight last fall. It has been a tough year losing animals we have all loved and cared about. 
  • How about a picture of the sunset from tonight as everyone processes that last bit?

  • I'm not sure how old I am anymore. Oh, I know my age, I'm just never sure how I fit in age wise with anyone else. There was that moment a couple of weeks ago where I realized I was indeed the oldest member of our co-op. Things like this are surprising every single time they happen.
  • The weather was so nice today we spent time doing some outside jobs. You know, as if it were early April. It was lovely... but very odd.
  • I'll end with a couple more Vienna pictures from today. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach