Fiber... Tuesday - Knitting in circles

So it seems yesterday was Monday and when I didn't think I had anything to write, I could have shown the one and only thing I have worked on. Because I still don't have anything to write about, I'll show it to you even if it is Tuesday. 

I have been knitting a hat for myself out of that yarn I spun from the batt I had made. 


I really like how the increases look.


Clearly, I have zero bandwidth for anything non-pony related, so this has been perfect. I had only a few increase rows left and am now on the part where I just knit 18 inches, going around and around and around. There is absolutely nothing that I need to count or think about. It's the perfect project for my current mental state. 

If you're curious, this is the Musselburgh pattern by Ysolda Teague. There are a couple of things I really like about it. First, it's written for a lot of different gauges. You knit the first bit with the yarn and needles you want to use and then find your gauge. It makes the white gauge process very simple. The other thing I like about it is that when it is done, if you turn up the brim, there are four layers of fabric around your ears. Thus sounds very good to me and means I will only need one hat in very cold weather instead of the various headband/hat combination I am using right now. 

I know I won't have enough of the green I'm using for the whole thing, but I plan on using other random assortments of handspun that I have kicking around. It may end up looking odd, but frankly when it's really cold all I am concerned about is staying warm. Color matching has absolutely no part in the equation. 

And for those of you invested in how Vienna is doing, here is a picture I took of her this morning. When I went to bed last night I was convinced that she wouldn't make it through today. She had other ideas I guess. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach