Fiber Monday - Weaving again

I haven't had a chance to weave since before Christmas. I had ordered the pieces that I needed to get the last six shafts on my loom working, so had put on a short warp to work on while I waited for everything to arrive. When I went to tie up the loom for the project I realized that I couldn't. Tying up is the process of connecting certain shafts to certain treadles. I hadn't really realized that thus pattern required more treadle hooks than I actually had. So instead of weaving, I added a bunch of treadle hooks to my order. 

So I waited. And waited. And waited some more. No package. Finally last week I emailed wondering when my order might ship. Well, not until the steel order that they had made arrived so they could make my heddle bars. Who knows when they will be made and then ship? But they did send the rest of my order which arrived late last week.

The long awaited treadle hooks.


I could actually do something with the warp on my loom, which I did.



This is a scarf in honeycomb weave with a silk warp and weft with the blue being handspun polworth/silk spun in a gradient moving from navy to turquoise.  The top picture is the navy and the bottom picture is the mix of navy and turquoise moving to just the turquoise. Each color section is twelve inches long so it will change back and forth through the 2.5 yard scarf.  I probably have less than 24 inches to weave. 

It was wonderful to be back at my loom. I'll just keep working on projects and when the heddle bars finally arrive, we can take it all apart and get the last six shafts working. Until then, I'm certainly not going to hang around just waiting for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach