Fiber Monday - and the loom is empty again

I think I need to put on longer warps. I adore the actual weaving part of weaving, so once I have a warp ready to go I tend to finish projects fairly quickly. 

Here is the scarf all finished. It's pretty close to how I imagined it would look. That twisted fringe took me the better part of Sunday afternoon to do. 


And a slightly closer shot.


And another close up because it's difficult to get a good photo of it.


And on the dress form to give you a sense of length and width.


The project I need to work on right now is doing some more weavings on my pin looms.


I'm going to be visiting my mom in March. When I was there last, we had visited a local yarn shop that I like. One of the owners had shown me an amazing shawl she had made with pin loom weavings connected with free form knitting and crochet. I've been obsessing a bit about it ever since. On a whim, I emailed asking if I could take a private lead to learn how to make one. I was thrilled when she was free on the day I was free. Which is why I want to get a few more pin loom weavings made so I have a sufficient amount to take with me. 

Plus, it will give me time to plan what I want to weave next. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach