Weekly update - January 26, 2024

I'm not sure this is going to be very long this week as much of my time and energy has been taken up with Vienna. 
  • Number of vet calls for Vienna this past week - 2
  • Number of times we've found Vienna down in her stall and couldn't/wouldn't get up -2. One of these times I needed an emergency vet visit because I was the only adult home. The other was last night and it took J. and I am hour getting her back up. 
  • It is impossible to lift a 650+ pound pony to her feet if she is on a hunger strike about her new food.
  • I made the call that we needed to change Vienna's food much more slowly to avoid her deciding she was just going to lay down and die. This has helped... a bit.
  • Number of days I skipped doing school because I was in the barn with Vienna - 2
  • I might have suggested that we need to get a mini so that Vienna would have a companion as she gets well. Because that makes financial sense. Not. 
  • Don't worry, no mini will be acquired. 
  • I'm not sure there is really any non-Vienna news... The new hens are beginning to lay eggs. See that blue one? At least one of the Easter Eggers have started to lay.

  • I did some business networking today. I think it may be a beneficial contact, but good golly I find networking exhausting.
  • Everything is very, very soggy. 
  • It is just above freezing, so not warm, but definitely warmer than it had been. I find I've been wearing outerwear that I would normally wear in the 50's because it feels so comparatively warm. 
And that's about all I have. It gives you a good idea of how the week has felt. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach