Pony update

The vet was out first thing this morning and Vienna does indeed have laminitis. She is on stall rest for a month to protect her feet and on painkillers and anti-inflammatories. We are still waiting for the results of some of her blood tests to see if she has insulin issues or the beginnings of Cushing's. I will be relieved to see the happy, perky pony again. 

I did ask if there was anything I could have done to prevent this. Essentially I have already been doing all the right things, but sometimes this happens, especially with ponies. I was given official veterinary permission to stop blaming myself. (Because there is a not so small part of me that assumes everything is my fault.) So that was a relief. 

I just want to say how thankful I am for the horse professionals we have found... our vet, farrier, hay supplier... who help us take care of these four legged family members. 

But does anyone else familiar with horses wonder how on earth the species has managed to survive for so long?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach